Monday 19 November 2018

Machining Aluminium Parts for Commercial Windows. Material failure!

Something a bit unusual happened whilst we were machining parts for a commercial window fitting, something I have never come across myself, personally - ever before.
When parts for aircraft are made, they are constantly checked, scanned, as well as X ray being used and the reason is to make sure there are no faults, that could prove fatal.

Well, take a good look at this!


 Please forgive the quality of the images - I will get some better shots done.




Whilst the cutter was merrily spinning around, there was a loud BANG!
That usually means you have just lost a cutter but not on this occasion - something a bit more unusual!
Part of the extrusion had shot out and on inspecting it, it is a complete separate part of it, which I guess was caused be trapped air? I'm not an expert in that field, so if anyone else knows why, drop me a line - sales@cavendish-hardware.co.uk or give me a call on 0116 2742195.

No comments:

Post a Comment